Friday, January 10, 2014

The Year in Review, Part 2

2013: The Year in Review
by Brit Charek

As I look back at 2013, I'm feeling exceptionally thankful. Akron Empire celebrated its first anniversary and was awarded Best Blog by Akronlife Magazine! (And to think, a year ago I wasn't even sure I'd still be blogging now...) I've reached some major milestones in my personal life too: I married my best friend and partner and (with his help and patience) managed to organize the busiest Crafty Mart to date.

As we move forward into 2014, Joanna and I have decided to continue our tradition of re-visiting our most popular posts from the past year. (To check out Joanna's list again, click HERE.)





These are my top five most-clicked blog posts of 2013. Click on the title to see the original post:

5. Our Band Could Be Your Life: The Singular
This Akron-based indie rock band will be playing the Kent Stage on February 21 with Shivering Timbers and White Pines. Click HERE to RSVP on Facebook.

4. Review: A Behanding in Spokane at None Too Fragile Theater
I loved this dark comedy well suited for an intimate theater space. You can learn more about None Too Fragile by reading my post about their opening in September 2012.

3. Modern Vintage in Hartville
This boutique of handcrafted and upcycled goods is one of my favorite new finds from 2013! I will definitely be back.

2. Countryside Conservancy's Monthly Local Food Swaps
Swapping with farmers and foodies at Uncorked Wine Bar was a blast! If you get a chance to attend one, make sure to check out our list of tips for new swappers!

1. Zombie Walk at Annabel's
Old School Sinema organized a zombie invasion of Highland Square as a food drive. Don't miss out on the next one!

Thanks again to all our readers, supporters and guest bloggers. I'm looking forward to new discoveries and revisiting all my old favorites in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment