Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Givits Thrift and Recycle--Again



Givits Thrift and Recycle: Again in 2015
by Joanna Wilson

Givits in Hudson is still one of my favorite places.  Ever since my first visits in 2013--I wrote about those here--I like to drop by Givits as often as possible.  There's always something new and the owners are the nicest people!


Looking for a set of six drinking glasses that honor Apollo 12 and the 2nd moon landing?  Here ya go.

There's always time to look through the records.


Givits is better than a thrift store--it's a store for vintage items to find a second life.  One of the reasons I stopped by this past weekend was that I was looking for vintage men's neckties.  Sure enough, I found four that were better than I even imagined I'd find.  I was looking for neckties to wear to my upcoming book signing events and I found one with the local department store label 'Polsky's' and another with the label 'O'Neil's.'  My book is about the store histories of both Polsky's and O'Neil's--so these are perfect for me.  I couldn't be more pleased.


Are you an artist looking to paint on slate? Most of these pieces are already pre-drilled for holes to make your paintings easy to hang.

Givits is the perfect place for creative people because they stock pieces and parts of items that other  thrift stores won't bother with.  Want to replace a broken leg on a favorite table or chair?  You can find a reasonably priced vintage leg at Givits.  Looking for supplies for an art project?  There's inspiration around every corner.


A stack of old magazines. I saw vintage copies of Life Magazine, Look, and old Playboys.

What could you do with a dozen star-shaped glass candle holders?


A beautiful set of four glass kitchen canisters.


Stop by Givits and say 'hi.'  There's always something new to discover there. 

Givits Thrift and Recycle
Open: Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon 11am-4pm
5153 Darrow Rd. in Hudson
Facebook page link: Givits Thrift and Recycle


No comments:

Post a Comment