Monday, June 11, 2012

Cupcake Binge!

The entrance to heaven.

Cupcake Binge!
by Joanna Wilson

If you know me at all, you know what a weakness I have for sweets.  So of course, when I saw that a cupcake bakery opened along a route I usually drive, it caught my attention.  I'm referring to Cupcake Binge! on Main Street in Munroe Falls.


I confess, I've stopped in several cupcake bakeries before--but Cupcake Binge! is different.  Not only are their cupcakes to die for but they also offer later hours and sell coffee, wine and beer to compliment sophisticated palates.  I know, right? 

I love the modern papers each cupcake comes wrapped in.  Left to right: Lime Coconut--French Toast Maple Bacon--German Chocolate


But the main attraction are the cupcakes.  I've now visited Cupcake Binge!--in the name of research, of course--several times and have sampled several different flavors including:

~~Pure Perfection (a vanilla almond and cherry cake with cherry almond vanilla buttercream frosting);
~~Red Velvet (southern style cupcake with a french twist, valrhona cocoa buttermilk cake and a secret recipe cream cheese frosting); 
~~German Chocolate (german chocolate cake topped with german chocolate drizzle and coconut pecan frosting); 
~~and, hold on to your chair: French Toast Maple Bacon (a maple cinnamon nutmeg cake with maple cinnamon buttercream frosting topped with bacon).

This complex cupcake deserves a second look: French Toast Maple Bacon.  Amazing.


They were all scrumptious!  But there are two that compete for my favorite:

~~Mexican Vanilla (the combination of cinnamon and vanilla create a perfect match for snickerdoodle cookies which I love!)
~~Lime Coconut (lime coconut cake with a graham cracker bottom and lime zest coconut cream cheese frosting).  It's delicate but flavorful.  I wish I could marry it.

You need to find an excuse to check this place out.  On Wednesdays, they have gluten-free cupcakes available.  All week long they have a special summer giveaway, if you spend $5 you have an opportunity to win your choice of a $25.00 gift certificate, one dozen cupcakes or half a dozen cupcakes & a bottle of wine! (Must be 21 or over for the wine!).  They offer different flavors on different days of the week so there are always reasons to keep coming in.  Do drop by--you can thank me later.  Maybe with a box of cupcakes!

Cupcake Binge! is tucked away in a strip of buildings along Main Street in Munroe Falls, across from McDonald's and next to the railroad tracks.


Cupcake Binge! is located at 20 North Main Street, Munroe Falls, OH
Hours: They are open Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1pm to 7pm.
Thursday, Friday and Saturdays from 1pm to 10pm.
They are closed Sundays and Mondays.  If they sell out: they close early!


Check out the links to their website: www.CupcakeBinge.com
Facebook page: Cupcake Binge


Tell them Akron Empire sent you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment